As you all know, we have our quarterly Board of Directors meeting this Saturday at 11:00 in the Pavilion. We are looking forward to seeing those of you that can make it. Two-way communications are key, so feel free to bring your ideas and suggestions to make Riverwatch the best place to live. Remember, we are serving lunch following the meeting, so enjoy the pool and have some lunch with your neighbors.
Our daughter is having her first child within the next couple of days, so I will not be able to attend, but Karen, Karen, and Cathy are all looking forward to seeing everyone. I am attaching the agenda and slides for the meeting, so please bring a copy with you if there is something you want to discuss.
Again, thank you all for making Riverwatch a great place to live.
Attachment: July 22, 2017 Agenda
I hope your summer is going well and you are enjoying the pool, dock and nature trail. There certainly isn’t any shortage of humidity for us this summer.
I just have a few of items to update you on:
Don’t forget to register for the inaugural Riverwatch 5K the 26th, 5:30 PM fun run/walk, 6:00 PM 5K run/walk. It couldn’t be for a better cause Special Olympics of VA. Lots of food, drink, music, and good exercise.
The board had Riverwatch “R” decals for vehicles made up so that we can all identify who is using the pool and dock. While the sign out front says it’s private property, over the years we have found numerous people that are not part of the residents or landowners using our facilities. In addition, we have found vehicles left overnight in the parking lot and for security purposes feel we should all know that they are part of the Riverwatch owners. We are all aware that everyone will have any number of guest from time to time, which is fine because you will be accompanying them. All of us should question anyone that is not part of the community if you feel uncomfortable in the least. There are several places you can place the decal, it was suggested that the center of the windshield, in front of the rear view mirror may be a good place to put them, since it won’t impair anyone’s vision, but the back or side window will be fine as well. The decals will be sent to you very soon, please put them on your car. If you need more, please let Community Partners or anyone on the board know.
July 22nd we are holding the quarterly board of directors meeting at the pool pavilion, starting at 11:00 and serving lunch immediately after the meeting. We anticipate the meeting not to last any longer than 1 hour, so hopefully, you can join us, meet other neighbors, take a dip in the pool and enjoy lunch as well.
We look forward to seeing everyone on the 22nd.
I hope everyone’s summer is going well. It seems like it’s flying by, here we approaching the 4th of July already. I only have a few updates to share with you.
Don’t forget the 5K we are having on August 26th, it should be a lot of fun. If you need more details, just let anyone on the board know.
Reminder, the boat storage yard is for watercrafts, boats, jet skis, etc., several people have stored their trailers, please remove them as soon as possible, thanks.
According to our by-laws, boats are to be kept in the boat yard, not your driveway, and any type of RV is to be stored off of the property. We appreciate everyone working together.
A reminder, the codes to use the pool are – Pool 1122# Restrooms 1122(no #) Boat Storage 5374 (a good place to store these numbers is in your phone in your notes app) We will also add them to the website.
When you use the pool, please make sure the gate and restrooms are locked when you leave. This is for everyone’s safety.
Friday night Happy Hours at the Pavilion, 5:00, it’s a great time to meet neighbors and relax for a couple of hours. It’s come as you are and come if you like.
Our next board meeting is July 21st and will be held at the Pavilion, 11:00 to 12:00 directly following the board meeting, we will be cooking hamburgers and hotdogs. We look forward to seeing everyone and breaking bread together.
Riverwatch is a great place to live and we all have a responsibility to keep that way, so remember, any thoughts, ideas or concerns, let us know.
Have a great summer,
I hope you had a fun and relaxing Memorial Day. This note is just to keep everyone up to speed on what’s happening in Riverwatch.
Here is the list of what has happened over the last several weeks.
- Pete Mancini and I installed the Bench and Picnic Table on the dock Saturday morning and they are already in use, enjoy!
- The pool is open, looking good and ready for you to enjoy.
- Towels and suntan lotion is set up at the pool in the event you forget something. Thanks Cathy
- A lost and found box has been placed at the pavilion, if you forget something, check it out, if you find something, please put it in the box. Thanks Cathy
- Flowers were planted at the front and back entrances, thank Karen, Karen, and Cathy.
- The trail is cleared and ready for use, but be aware, Tic’s are plentiful, so make sure to check yourself when you come out of the woods.
- Forrest Jordan found us a shop that can make the Riverwatch decals for our cars, so we can all monitor the cars at the pool. It will be a small “R” like our entrance sign that will be placed on your windshield in the top center, behind the rear view mirror, so as not to block any view through the windshield. These will be made up and sent to you soon. Thanks, Forrest!
- We have identified all the exits to the trail in addition to the East-West Pkwy and Riverwatch Dr. ones and are working on clearing them. It will take some time.
- The bridge will be fixed in a couple of weeks but it is passable.
- East West Communities fixed Riverwatch Dr, put top soil down, seeded and put straw down. It looks a lot better. Thanks, Clem.
- The Riverwatch 5K is well underway in the planning stage for August 26th. I am attaching some details but look at the June billing statements for sign up and complete details of the race. Please promote the race to people you know, all proceeds go to the Special Olympics of Va. a great cause. Sponsors are welcome. Thanks, Karen Schenck for organizing it and East West Communities, for sponsoring the event.
- We have locked down the private information on our website, www.riverwatchhomeowners.org, financials, etc. so please go to the site, register and you will be sent a password giving you total access. You will also be able to change the password to something you prefer rather than the computer generated one you will be given. As we move forward, this will be a key communication method, so please register.
- We are moving our next board meeting from July 24th, a Monday evening, to July 22nd, Saturday morning at the pavilion. The board meeting will start at 11:00 AM and following the meeting, we will be serving hotdogs and hamburgers. Let’s break bread together.
- Friday nights, 5:00 a very informal Happy Hour will be held at the pavilion, bring your favorite drink and snack, meet other people, take a swim and enjoy the evening. Let’s keep it simple. Black Tie optional (just kidding)
That’s if for now, enjoy your summer and if you have suggestions, ideas to make Riverwatch a better place to live, let us hear from you.